Central Florida’s robust tourism industry reached an unprecedented milestone in 2022!
Central Florida’s robust tourism industry reached an unprecedented milestone in 2022, with a staggering $87.6 billion in economic impact, according to a recent study.
The study, released on August 21 by Tourism Economics, a subsidiary of the UK-based Oxford Economics, delved into the tourism industry’s contributions in Orange, Osceola, and Seminole counties. These areas encompass some of the world’s most famous tourist destinations, such as Walt Disney World, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando.
Local tourism organizations Visit Orlando, Experience Kissimmee, Seminole County, and Central Florida Hotel & Lodging Association offered some striking insights in a recent press release:
– Visitors to Central Florida spent an impressive $55.5 billion in 2022, translating to $152 million in daily expenditures.
– Tourism in 2022 generated over $2.6 billion in state taxes and an additional $3.6 billion in local taxes.
– Employment in the tourism industry amounted to 275,200 direct jobs, expanding to 449,700 when including indirect roles. Remarkably, 37.1% of Central Florida’s workforce was employed in tourism-related positions.
– Orange County led in total visitor spending with $47.2 billion, trailed by Osceola County at $6.5 billion, and Seminole County with $1.8 billion.
– Over $26 million was allocated to wages and benefits for hospitality employees, as confirmed by CFHLA President and CEO Robert Agrusa.
– The region played host to over 74 million visitors in the past year, leading to increased patronage of local hotels, entertainment venues, shops, restaurants, and other travel-related services.
In summary, Central Florida’s tourism industry in 2022 showcased extraordinary growth and financial contributions, underlining its significance as an economic powerhouse for the region. Whether in job creation, tax revenue, or the support of a wide array of businesses, the industry’s influence permeates various facets of the local economy, paving the way for a bright future.